Treatment of psoriasis is carried out using complex effects, which consist of several directions. Folk remedies for psoriasis are one of the therapeutic vectors that may be designed to reduce the intensity of manifestations and assist in eliminating the general symptoms of the disease.
What is the best medicine for the treatment of psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a special non -communicable disease that is autoimmune in nature and is accompanied by inflammatory tissue damage. Its development is provoked by special genes, which are natural and transmitted from parents. Based on this, the manifestations of the disease can be associated with a kind of genetic mutation, which is accompanied by the development of inflammation and conveys a lot of unpleasant sensations.
The treatment of psoriasis is based on the use of an integrated approach, led by the use of medications. In this case, the appointment of all other areas is to increase the effectiveness and increase the duration of primary treatment.
To date, there is no specific drug to suppress the symptoms of the disease. Therefore, the treatment of each particular case is carried out individually based on the available symptoms, their intensity, stage of development and general condition of the patient's body.
Basically, to suppress the manifestations of the disease, drugs are used that have a toxic effect on the elements of the rash. Also, complex therapies may include corticosteroids, immunomodulators, anti-inflammatory drugs and more.
Often, to increase the effectiveness of treatment, doctors use alternative medical techniques. At the same time, it is impossible to answer the question of which of them is the best because of the personality of each particular case and the characteristics of the human body.
Folk remedies are the most extensive of all the instructions used in the presence of signs of psoriasis. At the same time, various methods are used to treat diseases that have affected various parts of the body.
They can be conditionally divided into three large groups, which look like this:
- for the body and other smooth areas of the body;
- for the head and scalp;
- for hands, elbows and feet.
Each of these categories contains a large number of recipes and techniques that have been compiled by the public since time immemorial. Some of them are truly capable of bringing relief, while others show no positive dynamics at all.
The most effective folk recipes for eliminating the manifestations of psoriasis on the body
Signs of psoriasis can develop on any part of the body. However, often it affects the abdomen, back and thighs, occupying large areas of skin. The rash itself can have various forms and is characterized by changes in the pigmentation of the affected area. In addition, as a result of the increase in the upper epithelial layer, the tissue structure changes and excessive drying occurs. As a result, the skin begins to peel and flake off, causing discomfort and leaving age spots.
Traditional medicine has a large number of tools designed to relieve inflammation and soften overly dry epithelium.
The most effective recipes for suppressing symptoms in the body are as follows:
- To make a wheat grass bath, a liter jar is taken, in which finely chopped plant roots are poured so that the container is exactly half full. The contents of the jar are poured into a wide pot and filled with 3 liters of water. After that, the container is baked and boiled, covered with a lid and transferred to a warm place for absorption. After 4-5 hours, the pot is put back on the stove and brought to a boil. The finished broth is cooled to room temperature, after which it is carefully filtered with gauze. The purified liquid is poured into a warm water bath, where one is placed. In this case, the papular plaque should be completely under water, and the total time of the procedure is 15-25 minutes.
- Take 1-1. 5 liters of boiled water, in which 0. 5 cups of copper sulfate and 1 tbsp. l. potassium permanganate. All components are mixed thoroughly until completely dissolved. The lesion area is treated with a small cotton swab or gauze swab, previously moistened with the resulting composition. It is necessary to eliminate the manifestations of psoriasis in such a way that the active substance penetrates to all corners of the rash. It is necessary to wash it with unusually warm water without using soap or other cosmetics. The general course of therapy is 8-10 days, and it can be carried out no more than 2-3 times a week.
- You can get rid of the manifestations of the disease with the help of homemade lotions, which are based on 2 eggs and 1 tbsp. l. any vegetable oil. The eggs are beaten with a mixer until foamy, and then 1 tsp is added to them. vinegar and oil. All components are thoroughly mixed, and the elements of the rash are lubricated with a ready-made lotion. At the same time, it is better to carry out the procedure before bedtime, and you need to store the finished product in the refrigerator.
- Lotion from walnut shells is used to relieve discomfort in moments of exacerbation. For its manufacture, 0. 5 kg of shells are taken, which are carefully crushed and poured with boiling water. In this form, the solution is infused for 4-6 hours, and then filtered through cheesecloth. The resulting liquid is moistened with gauze, which is applied to the affected skin area. This method is quite effective, but only if the rash area does not reach a large size.
All of these techniques are the most effective in relation to the manifestations of psoriasis.
Moreover, its effectiveness for each particular case may vary, due to the individual characteristics of the human body and the factors that give rise to the development of symptoms of the disease.
Traditional methods for psoriasis: treatment of the head and its characteristics
The manifestation of signs of psoriasis on the head or in other areas of the scalp significantly complicates treatment, making it impossible to use most techniques. Based on this, the use of folk remedies for the treatment of disease manifestations is more desirable.
The most effective recipes are as follows:
- Take 300 grams of fresh celandine, which is crushed and pass through a meat grinder. The resulting porridge is carefully squeezed with gauze, and 30-40 ml of red wine is added to the juice extracted from it. The resulting solution moisturizes the inflamed area on the head so that the liquid covers not only the skin, but also the hair. A rubber cover or plastic bag is placed on the head. The head should remain in this position for at least 15-20 minutes, and at the end of the procedure, it should be rinsed with water.
- Two heads of sunflowers are washed and crushed thoroughly, after which the resulting mass is poured with white wine in a volume of 50-70 ml. In this condition, the agent is infused for 48-72 hours. After this time, the liquid is squeezed out, and used to make compresses.
- Rosehip will help eliminate the manifestations of psoriasis on the head. Plant stems are taken, thoroughly dried and burned. The resulting ash is mixed with petroleum jelly and diluted with a little juice from the berries. Use a similar mixture as a cream to apply on the head. At the same time, due to the high fat content, after the end of the procedure, the hair is washed with tar soap.
- Almost any vegetable oil can be used to prepare oil compresses. Before use, the product is heated to room temperature and applied to the scalp, after which a rubber cap or plastic bag is placed over it. This procedure should be performed at night, and in the morning you should wash your hair with tar soap.
- Take 1 tbsp. l. elderberry flowers, put in a jar and pour 500 ml of boiling water. The container is closed with a lid and inserted in a dark place for 24-48 hours. The resulting infusion is used internally in 100 ml after meals.
The above technique is the most effective for the manifestation of psoriasis on the head. Moreover, its use will make it possible not only to improve the condition of the skin, but also have a beneficial effect on the condition of the hair.
Products for hands, elbows and feet and their features
The most problematic areas of skin are considered to be the hands, elbows and knees. They are the ones that bear the greatest load, as they not only have the greatest mobility, but also constantly experience mechanical stress of various kinds. Therefore, the formation of papular plaques on such parts of the body is the most problematic.
Recipes for folk remedies that allow you to fight the symptoms of the disease are as follows:
- Take 4 tsp. dried horsetail, which is well crushed, folded into a pot and poured with 500 ml of water. The container is transferred to the stove and boiled, and then infused for 3-4 hours. The resulting liquid is filtered through a cotton cloth and used to wash the affected body part. At the same time, it is not recommended to wipe after the procedure, because the liquid must dry on its own, and it must be done daily.
- To make the next lotion, take 20 grams. ash obtained from oak branches and rose hips, to which is added 100 gr. gray. All components are thoroughly mixed, and protein from 1 egg is added to them. In the future, the mixture is infused at room temperature for at least 15 days. The resulting lotion lubricates the site of inflammation 3 times a day, and the general course of treatment is at least 10-12 days.
- Egg whites are poured into the pot. 2-3 tablespoons added to it. l. honey, 1/3 tube of moisturizer, 1 tsp. garlic and a few stalks of roses. All ingredients are mixed in a blender until smooth. 50 gr is added to the finished mixture. grease and all components are remixed. As a result of such manipulation, the consistency of the cream will resemble sour cream. It should be applied directly to the affected area daily for 1-2 months.
Such a way makes it possible to influence the manifestation of the problem directly at the place of its formation. In this case, the use of each of them must be previously agreed with the doctor, who will determine the possibility of their introduction into therapy and compatibility with the main treatment methods.
The use of folk methods for psoriasis makes it possible not only to increase the effectiveness of primary treatments, but also to stimulate the work of the whole organism as a whole. At the same time, for the treatment of certain areas of the skin, there are special means, actions aimed at suppressing the inflammatory process and accelerating tissue repair. Its use can speed recovery, but only if it is done as directed by a dermatologist.