Scalp psoriasis is the most common form of the disease. It does not threaten health, but spoils the appearance of the patient and is the cause of psychological complexes. Treatment of scalp psoriasis begins with knowing the cause of the disease and eliminating it.
Psoriasis is treated in a complex, using medications, physiotherapy and spa treatments. Therapy with folk remedies is added effectively.
Medical treatment includes general and local therapies. Treat psoriasis at home.
General treatment is carried out:
- sedatives (infusion of motherwort and valerian);
- hyposensitizing agents;
- nonspecific immunotherapy drugs (aloe, ATP);
- aromatic retinoids;
- biological medicine;
- calcified autologous blood;
- hemodesis solution (drops given);
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- pyrogenic therapy;
- psychotropic drugs;
- strengthening agent (vitamin complex).
Diuretics can cure exudative forms of diathesis, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can treat psoriatic arthritis. With a protracted process, pyrotherapy can be prescribed.
Antihistamines and sedatives can help relieve itching and anxiety on the scalp. In severe cases, sedatives are prescribed.
Corticosteroids and cytostatics treat the disease if it is severe and the symptoms are too pronounced. But you should be careful when using medications, as it can exacerbate the course of psoriasis. Antibiotics are only prescribed if psoriasis is complicated by an infection of the scalp.
Psychotropic medications may not cure psoriasis, but they do relieve anxiety, relieve depression, increase resistance to stress, normalize sleep, and reduce itching. The vitamin complex will help increase metabolism.
Unfortunately, psoriasis cannot be completely cured. But it is possible to significantly improve the patient's condition, slow down the inflammatory process and transfer the disease to a stage of remission.
From local remedies for the treatment of psoriasis of the head are used:
- keratolytic ointments (salicylic, sulfuric, sulfur-salicylic, mercury-salicylic, naphthalonic, sulfur-tar, tar, ichthyol, resorcinol);
- glucocorticoid ointment;
- lotions containing vitamin D3;
- lotion with dithranol;
- tar soap.
The composition of the ointment for the treatment of psoriasis includes tar, zinc, naphthalene, valicill. Ultraviolet irradiation will help increase its effectiveness.
Non -hormonal ointments are used to treat the early stages of psoriasis. Glucocorticoid ointment treats the disease only if it is severe, if other drugs do not give any results. These medications are very effective. They can quickly remove the inflammatory process. But hormonal ointment lowers the immunity of the skin, and after it is canceled, the rash appears again.
Shampoo by itself is not able to fight psoriasis. But as part of a complex therapy, they have an effective effect: they reduce inflammation, relieve itching.
You can treat psoriasis at home with 3 types of shampoo:
- contains ketoconazole;
- for children.
Medicated shampoos contain tar, sulfur, zinc pyrithione and salicylic acid. Sulfur prevents inflammation, and salicylic acid restores the stratum corneum of the epidermis. Thanks to zinc pyrithione, the medicinal substance remains on the scalp even after washing. It is recommended to treat with shampoo twice a week for 2-3 months. It is advisable to apply the shampoo on the hair 2 times and keep for 5 minutes.
Excellent results in the treatment of psoriasis of the head are provided by using physiotherapeutic procedures:
- herbal medicine;
- ultra violet radiation;
- irradiation with erbium laser;
- PUVA therapy;
- paraffin application;
- vacuum therapy;
Treatment of scalp psoriasis is carried out in sanatoriums.
- hydrogen sulfide, sulfite and radon baths;
- mud therapy;
- thermal springs.
Treatment of psoriasis using traditional medicine
Effective results in the treatment of psoriasis of the head are provided by alternative methods, if they are used in addition to drug treatment. Lotion with celandine, aloe and celery, rinse hair with burdock broth, amaranth, rope, chamomile, thuja, white willow, juniper berries, blackberry leaves, lovage root, Japanese sophora tincture, barley or celery seeds, sea buckthorn and viburnum, and alsoscalp treatment with birch tar and grease.
But before you start treating psoriasis with folk remedies, you should consult your doctor.
Treatment of scalp psoriasis with folk remedies usually involves the use of oil compresses. Stir in equal amounts of peanuts and olive oil. The mixture is heated and the affected part of the scalp is rubbed with a massaging motion. Insulation with shower cap. Leave until morning. Remove with apple cider vinegar, listerine or glycotimoline (dissolve 60 milliliters of product in 500 milliliters of water).
Often, scalp psoriasis is treated with folk remedies using onions. Cut the onion with a fine grater and apply on wet hair, rub it into the scalp. Insulation with plastic bags. After 15-20 minutes, the head is washed with tar soap. During the treatment of onions, you need to stop using shampoo.
Celandine in the fight against psoriasis
Celandine will help cure psoriasis at home.
To prepare the infusion, the dried herb celandine (60 grams) is poured with medicinal alcohol (500 milliliters) and left for several hours. Then the area of the scalp affected by psoriasis is gently lubricated.
The infusion is very effective but can irritate the scalp. If an unpleasant sensation arises, then the head is washed and rinsed with an infusion of chamomile.
Colored sunflower basket
For the treatment of psoriasis with folk remedies, sunflower baskets are often used. Baskets (2 pieces) finely chopped, poured with white wine (100 milliliters) and left for 2 days. Then the juice is squeezed and used as a compress.
Tincture is recommended for use in the presence of infectious lesions on the scalp. It is able to prevent further bacterial reproduction.
Solid oil ointment will be more effective in treating diseases if herbs are added to it. It is combined with tincture of eleutherococcus, celandine herb or western thuja in a ratio of 5: 1.
Homemade ointments are not inferior in their effectiveness compared to those purchased in stores. They will help you quickly beat psoriasis on the scalp.
There are several recipes for making ointments using folk methods:
- Solid oil or petroleum jelly (300 grams) mixed with egg whites (2 pieces), lime honey (20 grams) and pounded celandine herb (20 grams).
- Rosehip branches are dried and burned. Ash is mixed with petroleum jelly in equal proportions. Within a week, the psoriasis plaques will disappear from the skin.
- A raw egg is placed in a 200 gram jar and poured with vinegar essence. The jar is closed with a lid and left for a day. Then the eggs with their skins are thoroughly ground and mixed with unsalted lard (20 grams). The ointment is used to treat the affected areas of the scalp, avoiding healthy areas (burns will appear on them under the influence of the ointment). After an hour, the remnants of the ointment were wiped off with a cloth, and the plaque was wiped off with baby cream. After several treatments, psoriasis plaques will scaly from the skin.
- Eucalyptus oil (30 grams), freshly squeezed Kalanchoe juice (10 milliliters) and honey (10 grams) are mixed.
- The blue clay is diluted with water until the sour cream is thick and combined with sea salt. Used to lubricate affected skin.
- Pharmaceutical birch tar (50 grams) is thoroughly mixed with crushed ascorutin tablets (50 pieces).
Honey (20 grams) mixed with egg whites and baby shampoo. Apply on the affected hair area for 15 minutes.
Payment for internal use
Decoctions and infusions for internal use, prepared at home, effectively help in the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp:
- Elderberry flowers (20 grams) are mixed with boiling water (450 milliliters) and infused for 1. 5 hours. Drink 120 milliliters an hour after meals.
- Elecampane and calamus roots, black elderberry flowers, lingonberry leaves, horsetail, St. John's wort. John and celandine are combined in equal quantities. The resulting mixture (10 grams) is poured with boiling water (250 milliliters). Take 120 milliliters.
Folk remedies are effective in treating psoriasis.
Diet for psoriasis
Diet is also important for the treatment of scalp psoriasis.
To successfully cure psoriasis, you should give up fried, smoked, spicy and spicy foods, seasonings, preservatives, limit the consumption of sugar, carbohydrates, fats. At the same time, it is necessary to increase the content of plants and dairy products in the diet.
Flaxseed oil (20 milliliters), fish oil (12 milliliters) or vitamin A (dose must be indicated by a doctor) will help cure this disease.